Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Home Is Where The Heart Is.............

I love being Home


I just have to blog about this because I have been thinking about it the last couple of days and it the only way I will get it out of my head.

So you know how when you go away on vacation or visit someone then when you come home you are so relieved and happy. That is how I have felt for the last few weeks being back in Indiana. It’s so like coming home from a long vacation I know that sounds weird to anyone else. This is home for me; my heart has been here since I left 2 years ago. I was happy in Sioux Falls with my family I am always happy to be with them and I miss them lots. But I love being back in Indiana. Melissa used to tell me ‘you just don’t seem happy there you need to come home where you were happy’. I thought she was just trying to get me back here which she was but, I wasn’t as happy as I am here. Looking back on all I have done the last 2 years I wasn’t happy I see that now I didn’t then.


I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life it’s not a new beginning it is almost picking up where I left off. Working at TG, seeing (and living with) Melissa, all my friends, and seeing JJ. You don’t realize how much you miss things till they aren’t there or they come back. I knew I missed everyone but, I didn’t realize I missed them this much. It is the little things that I missed the most driving down a country road, all the fall trees, creek walking, walks in the woods, 4 wheeling, and bond fires in the woods. Things we used to do and can do again I love that so much. I love when Melissa looks at me and says remember when we used to do this lets go do this. We did a lot of crazy things (sorry dad) but, we where always careful and we had fun. I guess I missed being a country girl the most, getting dirty and having fun while doing it.

So the question is to me would you change the last 2 years? No I got to experience a lot of things that I never probably would have if I hadn’t moved. I meet some great people that I will never forget and will always love. I got to spend time with my family I love being with my niece and nephews I miss them so much.

The other question I get why did you move back? I missed this place everyone who lives here wants to get out. I have been out I wouldn’t trade southern Indiana for any where in the world I love it here. Maybe it is the people I have around me that make it extra special but, I real do love this area.


I know I jump around in what I am saying sometimes it is because there is so much going on in my head. I get off on one thing then go back to something else I guess I am a little scatter brain.

Until next time have a great day and I will post new pictures soon.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Quick said...

I am so Happy that You are HAPPY!! I know i will miss ya lots, ur a good person!! I'm just glad that your were you want to be and that your Happy no matter where that might be!

Thomas Texans said...

Hey Toni, Just wanted to let you know that I am happy that you're feeling at home again! There is nothing like it! Sometimes it's a place and sometimes it's the people, and sometimes it's both! I think for you it's both. Your friends know the real Toni and S. Indiana is just home and familar! Excited that your having a great time! ENJOY! Love You!