Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I ran away last weekend to BIKE WEEK at Sturgis!!!!

So my friend Liz said to me last week I want to take the kids to see their Grandma next weekend and Jeremy is working would you like to go? We will just go not tell anyone that we are going. I said sure cause I have never been to Rapid or anywhere west of Sioux Falls. It was so much fun Friday night we went to Sturgis walked down Main street saw a lot of bikes and other things. Went to The Full Throttle to see Three Six Mafia I had a blast.





Saturday we did the tourist thing cause I had never see the sights of the west. Liz and I went to her mama's house to pick up the kids and mama. Then we headed for Crazy Horse. That was awesome you know that it is not federal money all donations and cost of admission. I think that is cool yet it is taking a long time to carve this thing because of that. the welcome center they have there is really cool there are low scale modals of what it will look like when it is finished. I asked Liz do you think it will be done in our life time? She said NO.
Ok Liz told me this rock was coming up on the road we were on and I said I had to have a pic. I didn't believe her at first then I saw it. I'm not gonna say what I see I will let you decided what you see.
After Crazy Horse we went to Custer, Liz showed me all the places she had lived. Then we were off the Mt Rushmore Yeah I was so excited this is one place I had always wanted to go since I was little. I tell you it is the coolest thing to see standing there under George's nose is wild and yet beautiful at the same time.
Liz's kids in front of Mt Rushmore Sandy, Skyler, and Jordy.
As you walk up to the faces they have these pillars on each side there is a state it says what year the state was added and what number the state is. There is also the state flag hanging above that. I am standing next to the Indiana one cause that is home to me. When we were done at Mt Rushmore we headed up the road to Keystone were we found this big chair we all had get our picture taken in the chair.



This a pic of Skyline drive it is so pretty sorry it is blurry.


















Sunday we headed up to Deadwood wow let me tell you it doesn't matter if you like to gamble or not just to see these old buildings is so worth it. A lot of them are the original building from the 1800's which I find really cool. So that is about it for me now I will try and hit you back with more as it comes.

0 comments: