Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today

So maybe it is because I don't have a tv in front of my bed now that I am in the basement but, been listening to the music on my itunes on the computer.

I have decided NeedToBreathe is now my new favorite band need to download more of their music. Anyway it has gotten me thinking also with what I have been going through the last couple of months. On January 15 I put my last cigarette out for good I haven't picked one up since and don't plan on it either. I am very proud of myself this is something I struggled with for many years.

In the months since quiting I have drawn closer to the Lord and my family. I don't feel like this strange,stinky, black sheep any more. It amazing what can happen with PRAYER, will power, and mints.

There have been many changes in me the last few months it is not something I can put fully into words but, I am really happy where I am spiritually, mentally, and physically. That is the best way I can describe it to you.

Like I love this song 'What This World Needs' there is a part where they talk about we really just need to get out of God's way.

'People aren't confused by the Gospel they are confused by us, Jesus is the only way to God but, we are not the only way to Jesus. This world doesn't need my tie, My hoodie, my denomination, or my translation on the Bible. they just need Jesus we can be passionate about what we believe but, we can't strap ourselves to the gospel cause we're slowing it down. Jesus is going to save the world but, maybe the best thing we can do is JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY.

There are soooo many songs that I am loving right now here are a few.....
Something Beautiful - NeedToBreathe
More Time - NeedToBreathe
Love is here- tenth Avenue North
All Along - Remedy Drive
Washed By the Water - NeedtoBreathe
Until the whole world hears - Casting Crowns
Forgiven and Loved - Jimmy Needham
Forgiven- Sanctus Real
On and On - Chasen
What This World Needs - Casting Crowns

If you haven't heard even one of these google it and listen to the words you will like it also trust me they are all good songs.

I love listening to these songs they lift me and Christ up I am praising him and I feel better through out the day by listening to them....

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't tell you how good it is to hear this. This is probably the healthiest thing I have ever heard you say. I'm praying for you, I love you and I KNOW God has plans for you!

said...

Sounds amazing, Toni. Good for you!

Okay - I am hoping you get this email today and call me... I haven't heard from Mindy since 9pm last night. Have you?